Chris Farley was a hilarious guy take was taken from the world too early. He was a big dude, but he was agile like a cat and had the stamina of a cheetah. Throughout his life, he made quite an impact on the film and comedic industry. Even with all the impact that he made there are still probably a few things that you didn’t know about the man himself.
1. Chris went to work for his dad’s oil company after he graduated from college.
2. Jerry Springer was a next-door neighbor of Chris Farley.
3. Chris Farley was actually the first voice choice for Shrek, but his untimely death led the producers to Mike Myers.
4. Chris was discovered at a stand-up club in Chicago.
5. Chris dated the assistant of the producer that discovered him.
6. Chris Farley was actually meant to play Kevin James role in grown-ups.
7. Tommy Boy has been Chris’s greatest success.
8. Chris’s mother had a strong no swearing policy when he was growing up, so this is what led him to develop phrases like “Holy Schnikes”.
9. Chris didn’t like being left behind, as his friend David Spade left him behind one night and he got really mad.
10. Chris starred in the long-running TV show Rosanne. He was a customer that came into the family’s clothing store.
11. Chris had two brothers that also acted. One of the brothers played in the wedding scene of Tommy Boy, and the other went on to star in Curb Your Enthusiasm.
12. Chris starred in the Red Hot Chili Peppers music video “Soul to squeeze”, which was actually on the soundtrack for the movie Coneheads.
13. Chris was worth an estimated $5 million at the time of his death.
14. Chris grew up idolizing John Belushi and died at the same age.